Fun Race - 16th May
17 May 2014
The club Fun Race was held on Friday 16th May; full results below:
Photos are in the gallery.
Kent Schools Championships 2014
11 May 2014
Congratulations to all the racers from Bowles who took part in the Kent Schools 2014 championship.
- Harris Mitchell - 3rd in MINI-Boys
Primary Teams Event
- St Margarets Collier St (Morgan Mitchell, Harris Mitchell, Oliver Stanbridge, Eloise Emmerson) - 1st in B&G-Mixed and Primary-Mixed
- Rose Hill (India Sax, Olivia Andrews, Seth Tipper, Joshua Wakeling) - 2nd in B&G-Mixed, 3rd in Primary-Mixed
- Beechwood Sacred Heart (Madeleine Winterflood, Tatiana Winterflood, Henry Campbell, Ellie Burcombe & Poppy Toyne-Bridges) - 3rd in B&G-Mixed
- Christopher Owens - 3rd in SEN-Boys and Secondary-Boys
Secondary Teams Event
- Skinners (Jack Hilliard, Jack Burcombe, James Murdoch, George Earle) - 3rd in SEN-Boys
Timed Runs & Fun Race Handicap
5 May 2014
Snowsports South Race Format
1 May 2014
Message received from the Snowsport South Committee
Fun team races were added to the Snowsport South Race Day format in 2009 when entry numbers were low to ensure that there was a full day's racing. At that time, the day was routinely finishing around 3pm. Now that entry numbers are high, we feel it is time to review the race day format. It is up to you, the racers, to decide which way we proceed.
Last Sunday at Aldershot, we had 186 competitors actually racing. The timings (starting at 8:00 and finishing at 16:30) were:
- Open Practice - 1 hour (allowing 2 runs per racer)
- 3 Individual timed runs - 3.5 hours
- Set up of dual and drawing of lists - 0.5 hours
- Individual Head to Heads - 2.5 hours
- Club Teams - 1 hour
If we had held the Fun Team races, the day would have been approximately 1.5 hours longer.
Suggestions vary between those wishing to have Club team races and those wishing to have Fun teams. If entry numbers stay at the level they are, there is not time for both.
Please let us know what you think by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best wishes, The Snowsport South Committee